mercredi 7 octobre 2009

Everyone I Have Ever Slept With.


When I first saw this tent by Tracey Emin I saw the names of men and women embroidered side by side and thought, oh she must be bisexual. I fell into the same trap as many others in assuming that this was just a list of names, a solitary monument to a prolific copulator. It wasn't until I watched an interview with Tracey on YouTube that I came to see that this piece isn't about how many people she's shagged, it is a recollection of all the people with whom she has been closest-sleeping side by side. The reason why I think that this is a really great piece of art is because, like Tracey said, people can go into it and instantly start recalling all of the people that they have been intimate with, its something which everyone can relate to. I also like decorative tents.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire